CAVA DI STAGIONATURA
In May 2002, Spiaggia introduced its guests to the aromas, textures and flavors of Italy's finest cheeses with the unveiling of the Cava di Stagionatura, a climate controlled cave. Spiaggia's cheese cave ages an ever-changing collection of Italian cheeses. Spiaggia's Cava di Stagionatura was the first one of its kind in the Midwest.
"The Cava di Stagionatura is a wonderful opportunity to bring the finest Italian cheeses to our guests," says Chef/Partner Tony Mantuano. "My travels throughout Italy have always involved cheeses of many varieties - it's a staple in Italian life! We're proud to be the first four-star Italian restaurant to bring this passion stateside, and it's a pleasure to see almost every table enjoying cheese at the end of the meal."
Spiaggia creates seasonal condimenti to accompany your selections.
SELEZIONE DI FORMAGGI
- ROBIOLA ORO (cow), Lombardia, Soft-ripened cheese, buttery, cream, slightly sweet
- CINIERINO (sheep), Campania, Raw, firm cheese with a grassy finish
- MURAZZANO (sheep), Piemonte, Soft, sweet, delicate
- COLLINE DI MANDAS (sheep), Sardegna, Semi-hard cheese, sweet and spicy
- LINIENG (goat), wrapped in nuts and tobacco leaves, fruity with a smoky finish
- ROBIOLA VECCHIA VALASSINA (cow), Lombardia Washed rind with a salty creamy center
- BLU DEL LANZO (cow), Piemonte Blue style cheese, rich sweetness, intensely flavored